Product Description – Celestron 21036 PowerSeeker 70AZ Telescope (Black)
Celestron PowerSeeker 70AZ Telescope is a great way to open up the wonders of the Universe to the aspiring astronomer. The PowerSeeker series is designed to give the first-time telescope user the perfect combination of quality, value, features and power.
Amateur astronomy is a great family hobby that can be enjoyed year round. Celestron’s PowerSeekers are the ideal choice for an affordable and high quality telescope. It can provide many hours of enjoyment for the entire family.
PowerSeeker 70AZ Telescope is quick and easy to set up – even for the novice. No tools are required for assembly!
It’s sturdy equatorial mounts are perfect for tracking objects in the night sky. The collapsible alt-azimuth mounts are perfectly suited for terrestrial (land) viewing as well as astronomical use.
PowerSeeker 70AZ Telescope includes a full range of eyepieces plus a 3x Barlow lens. They provide an increase in viewing power hundreds of times greater than that of the unaided eye!
These Telescopes are designed and manufactured using all fully coated glass optical components with high transmission coatings for enhanced image brightness and clarity.
Erect Image Optics are ideal for terretrial (land) and astronomical (sky) use.
Specifications of PowerSeeker 70AZ Telescope
• Optical Design: Refractor
• Aperture (mm): 70 mm (2.76 in)
• Focal Length: 700 mm (28 in)
• Focal Ratio: 10
• Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 (mm): 20 mm (0.79 in)
• Magnification of Eyepiece 1: (35 x)
• Focal Length of Eyepiece 2 (mm): 4 mm (0.16 in)
• Magnification of Eyepiece 2 : (175 x)
• Barlow Lens: (3 x)
• Finderscope: 5×24
• Star Diagonal: 1.25″ Erect Image Diagonal
• Mount Type: Altazimuth
• Accessory Tray: No-Tool Tray with Eyepiece holder
• Tripod: Aluminum
• Highest Useful Magnification: (165 x)
• Lowest Useful Magnification: (10 x)
• Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 11.7
• Resolution (Rayleigh): 1.99 arc seconds
• Resolution (Dawes): 1.66 arc seconds
Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): (100 x)
• Apparent Field of View: 1.4 °
• Linear Field of View (@1000 yds): 74 ft (23 m) • Optical Coatings: Fully-Coated • Optical Tube Length: 30 in (762 mm)
• Warranty: 2-year Telescope Warranty