Robot caterpillar Code-a-Pillar wants to teach preschoolers to code
This robot caterpillar inspires little learners to be big thinkers by encouraging preschoolers to arrange (and rearrange) the easy-to-connect segments in endless combinations, sending Code-a-pillar on his path. This learning toy from Fisher-Price encourages experimentation while developing important skills like problem solving, planning & sequencing and critical thinking. There’s no end to the combinations kids can make – mix up the segments and put them back together to send robot caterpillar in a different direction every time!
Where can you make Code-a-Pillar go next?
Every time kids change and rearrange his segments, this robot takes a different path. Every time – with cool sounds and lights wherever he goes! Includes 1 sound segment, 3 straights, 2 right turns and 2 left turns to send the learning fun in endless directions! Kids can even configure the segments to make this Caterpillar reach targets they set up throughout the room.
Code-a-pillar is one of the new Think & Learn toys from Fisher-Price that goes beyond ABCs and 123s to help children learn how to think independently. Each toy fosters 21st century skills like curiosity, experimentation and problem solving in ways kids haven’t seen before. They’re engaged in hands-on, open-ended discovery that helps them become lifelong learners.
• 1 motorized head and 8 easy-to-connect segments for endless combinations!
• Kids connect the segments to make Code-a-pillar go forward, left, right or wherever they choose
• Each segment lights up as the action happens!
• Motorized head segment features lights, fun character sounds and blinking eyes to bring it to life!
• Can you reach the target? Challenge kids to configure the segments so it can get to the targets and reach their goals.
• Manufacturer recommended age: 3 years and up.
Helps develop skills like sequencing, critical thinking, reasoning, discovery, memory, problem solving and experimentation.
• Gives fine motor skills a good workout
• Kids discover that their actions make things happen (also known as cause & effect)!
• Requires 4 AA alkaline batteries, the fresher the better!
• 8 segments: (3) move forward, (2) Turn Right 90 degrees, (2) Turn Left 90 degrees and (1) sound action segment
• 2 destination targets
• 1 motorized head
Requires 4 AA alkaline batteries, the fresher the better!