My Robotic Pet Tumbling Hedgehog by Thames & Kosmos – Science Experiment & Model Building Kit7/10 (Expert Score)
- Build time: 1 to 2 hours
- Difficulty level: challenging
- Build it: use the 172 building pieces to construct your own adorable robotic pet Hedgehog!
- Sound-activated: the robot has a built-in sound sensor, allowing your Hedgehog to react to different patterns of claps.
Thames & Kosmos My Robotic Pet Tumbling Hedgehog – Build Your Own Sound Activated Tumbling, Rolling, Scurrying Pet
With this My Robotic Pet Tumbling Hedgehog model building kit, kiddos can build their own robotic and interactive pet that’ll totally give Sonic a run for his money. So many puns.
This year the trend of building your own interactive toys continues on full steam ahead! We love a toy that helps our kiddos learn without even knowing it. Something tells us if they knew, they’d barely play. Just us? Well, now they’ll be able to build their very own super cute and smart robot pet hedgehog that, well, tumbles and rolls all around with a little round of applause from you or the kids.
Following the 36-page full-color manual and using the 172 simple building pieces in this kit, you can assemble a real robot that looks like a cute Hedgehog. The robot has a built-in sound sensor and is programmed to react to different sounds. After you build it, you can play with it by making different sounds and watching it tumble, roll, spin around, Bristle its spines, and scurry around. Clap once, and the Hedgehog will roll into a ball and tumble backwards. Clap multiple times, and the Hedgehog will count your claps and tumble as many times as you instructed with your claps. You can also get the Hedgehog to Bristle its spines and act in a playful way with different patterns of claps. The Hedgehog eyes light up with LEDs. By building the robot, you will gain experience in the inner mechanical workings that enable the robot to move how it does. Learn about gears, motors, sound sensors, LEDs, and the other components of these funny little pets.
Roll into a fascinating adventure in engineering with the My Robotic Pet Tumbling Hedgehog.
Recommended for ages 7 years and older.
• Engineering kit for building a hedgehog robot that rolls when you clap
• Encourages spatial reasoning, logic, engineering skills, experimentation
• Features built-in sound sensory so it can react to the sound of your claps
• 3 modes to choose from
• Clap to make it roll backwards and fall asleep, clap again to wake it up
Clap multiple times – Hedgehog counts your claps by rolling as many times as you clapped
• Encourage the hedgehog to roll by giving it a round of applause
• Learn about gears, motors, sound sensors, microcontrollers, LEDs, and more
• 172 building pieces to construct your own adorable robotic pet Hedgehog!
• Comes with a full-color 36-page manual
• Manual features fun comic throughout that keeps the building process fun and exciting
• Your funny little pet Hedgehog comes with a motor that requires (4) AAA batteries (not included).
• High-quality materials – Exceptional robot-building experience