The Coding Robot Botley 2.0 Activity Set Learning Resources LER2938
Botley 2.0 Activity Set helps kids as young as 5 learn to code through 100% screen-free play. This set is an updated version of the award-winning Botley the Coding Robot. Botley 2.0 is smart and knows multiple ways to code right out of the box. Code him to move in six directions, play music, and even put on a light show! Discover Botley 2.0’s 16 fun interactions—transform Botley into a train, police car, ghost, and more! You can even test your memory with the lights and sounds of a game of Botley Says! Your little coders can build coding sequences of up to 150 steps, and go on adventures with a built-in sensor that lights up Botley 2.0 in the dark! With the help of Botley’s 77-piece activity set, kids will be solving their first coding and STEM challenges in just minutes!
Main features of Botley 2.0 Activity Set: Screen-Free Coding, Interactive Playset, Object Detection, Night Vision, 45 Degree Turns, Multi-Color Eyes.
A few of Botley’s fun, interactive features include the ability to: Detect objects and move around them; Follow looping commands; Navigate obstacle courses; Follow black lines; and unlock additional hidden features!
Coding challenges include navigating an obstacle course, solving a maze and so much more.
Most kid’s favorite feature about Botley 2.0 is the “Secret Codes”. When programming these “Secret Codes”, Botley can perform different tricks or transform into a new character such as: Train, Shark, Construction Crew, Police, Dinosaur, Ghost, Kiss (Botley blows kisses when detecting an object in front of it), Frog.
To transform Botley into one of these characters, simply press CLEAR on the remote programmer and add the code included in the Activity Guide followed by the Transmit button.
The OD sensor on Botley 2.0 detects objects that are at least 2 inches tall and 1.5 inches wide. It detects objects that are about 10 inches away from him. When detecting an object, Botley 2.0 will stop and hunk at the object in front of him until the object is moved.
On the Learning Resources website, they include additional education activities that can be used in the classroom or at home as well. You can also find more “secret” tricks and features that are not included in the manual.
The next-generation coding robot and activity set from Learning Resources is easy to use and offers multiple fun ways to code! Ideal for little learners. Botley 2.0 encourages critical thinking and problem-solving skills while introducing STEM learning through screen-free play.
What’s in the box: Botley 2.0 Robot Unit | Controller | Detachable Robot Arms | 40 Coding Cards | 6 Double-sided tiles | 27 Obstacle Building Pieces | Starter guide with coding challenges.
Botley 2.0 is the latest coding robot (in 2020) But you should also visit the pages related to small robotic toys from the recent past years like JJRC R13 Smart Robot, Artie 3000 Coding Robot, Mibro Interactive Robot, Boxer Robot, and Kinderbot. If your child is too young for any of these toys then try something like Rollin’ Rovee. It’s one of the newly released toys of 2020 and suitable for age group between 6 months to preschooler.
Features & Highlights of Botley the Coding Robot 2.0
• Code right out of the box with the next generation of award-winning rc coding Botley the Coding Robot Activity Set!
• Program Botley to do a sequence of up to 150 steps.
• Discover 16 fun interactions that transform Botley 2.0 into a train, police car, ghost, and more…
• Next generation Botley includes features expanded coding styles such as music, lights and movement
• Screen-Free coding helps kids learn coding and STEM skills without a tablet or phone!
• Coding robots are great at learning new things, so Botley comes with a remote programmer, detachable robot arms.
• It also includes 40 coding cards, six double-sided tiles, 27 obstacle building pieces and a starter guide with coding challenges.
• Option to pair each robot to its controller, great function if using it in a classroom setting with multiple Botleys.
• Product Dimensions: 9.1 x 9.1 x 6.2 inches, Item Weight: 3.07 pounds, Item model number: LER2938
• For ages 5 years and up and Requires 5 AAA batteries (not included)